Pfeiffer Roots Pumps
For all low and medium vacuum applications
The OktaLine series Roots pumps can be perfectly tailored to
customer-specific requirements by different pumping speeds
and versions. This type of pump needs a backing pump both
suited to the application and designed for the gas stream.
The high-precision production technology makes it possible to
achieve very high compression values, which in turn allows
for maximum pumping speed at very low gas exit temperatures.
Pfeiffer Vacuum Roots pumps offer low operating costs
at high uptime, since electrical power and (depending on the
process) a gaseous purge medium (e.g. air) are all that they
require. A high cost water-cooling unit is not required.
The magnetic coupled version makes leaks at the shaft
feedthrough an issue of the past.
Used in combination with other Roots pumps or appropriate
backing pumps, Roots pumps can be adapted perfectly to any
application. Pfeiffer Vacuum as the leading supplier of vacuum
solutions has more than 50 years of experience in the
design of customer-specific solutions.
- Large pumping speed range from 145 to 27,400 m3/h
- Long life due to robust, compact design
- Short pumpdown time by high compression ratio and overflow valve
- Maintenance free at high operating safety and maximum availability due to the optional magnetic coupling
- Low operating costs because of air cooling and optional magnetic coupling
- A cooling water unit is not required
- Pumps available in stainless steel versions upon request
- Energy efficient, frequency converter suitable standard motors
Overview of series
- Convection-cooled - OktaLine
- Gas-circulation-cooled - OktaLine G
- Explosion-protected - OktaLine ATEX
(in accordance with Directive 94/9/EC)
- Magnetic coupling as an option of all models
The integrated overflow valve is standard in all convection-cooled
pumps. This makes it possible to switch the pump
on at atmospheric pressure. The pump is thus automatically
protected from thermal overload. The gain in additional
pumping speed allows for shorter cycle times in load-lock
applications and time-critical processes. Monitoring with
fault-prone pressure switches and slow start up with cost-intensive
frequency converters is no longer needed.
- Glass and foil coating
- Plasma etching
- PVD and CVD
- Vacuum metallurgy
- Space simulation
- Vacuum drying / freeze drying
- Steel degassing / secondary metallurgy
- Electron beam welding
Advantages of magnetic coupling
All pump models of the OktaLine series can optionally be driven
by means of a permanent-magnetic coupling with can.
The static seal prevents a bidirectional exchange of process
gas and the ambient atmosphere. These pumps are permanently
The magnetic coupling implicates further advantages: Maintenance
oil changes as they become mandatory for pumps with
driveshaft feedthrough are no longer necessary. Downtime
and service costs will be reduced.
Pfeiffer Roots Pumps
The comprehensive range for all applications in chemical and process engineering
- Pumping speed from 250 to 25,000 m3/h
- "Technically dry" sealing
- Integrated overflow valve for high level of operating safety
- High compression ratio
- Short pumping-out time due to direct switching on with backing pump at atmospheric pressure
- Customized adaption of standard pump to process
- Robust, compact design
- Unproblematic startup at 12 °C
- Unique pressure surge protection of AD series up to 16 bar
- AD series conforms to official accident prevention regulations for compressors (VBG 16)
- All casing elements of AD series made of GGG 40.3
- Economical running costs due to low power consumption and air cooling - no water cooling necessary
- Superb price/performance ratio
- Chemical and process engineering
- Thin film technology
- Semiconductor process technology
- R & D
- Mechanical engineering
DN 250 DIN PN 16
DN 150 DIN PN 16
|Differential pressure at the overflow valve
|Switch on pressure
|Pump fluid filling
|Nominal pumping speed
||0.01 mbar l/s
|Weight: without motor
||74-79 dB (A)
IVS is committed to your complete satisfaction. To ensure the greatest success and performance of your new vacuum equipment purchase, please call an IVS representative today at 855-466-6822 or simply fill out our contact form here: Contact IVS and a Sales Engineer will contact you within 24 hours.
Not exactly what you're looking for? Innovative Vacuum Solutions is a total solutions provider and can customize or configure your vacuum equipment. Call us toll free at 855-466-6822 and speak to a Sales Engineer to determine your specific needs.
Our precision vacuum pump rebuild process restores worn or damaged equipment back to the original manufacturers specifications
Click here to see the full IVS Business Practical Warranty
costs a fraction of purchasing new components. Each unit reconditioned by IVS is supported by the most
practical warranty in the business: one year from the documented date of installation, not shipment.
- IVS will safely package your product for shipment at no additional charge.
- Buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and charges.
- Please allow ten days for delivery from order date to allow for certification and shipping of your equipment.