Vacuubrand Diaphragm Pumps Overview
VACUUBRAND's aluminum design diaphragm pump is a perfect match for many applications in the laboratory and operations
because it is oil-free and whisper quiet, and because it requires so little service. Diaphragms have especially
long lives and hermetically seal the drive space from the pumping chamber to protect mechanical parts from corrosion.
The pumps achieve their distinctively high performance from high pumping chamber volume relative to the minimal
dead space. Highly flexible FKM double diaphragms with fabric reinforcement ensure an extremely long diaphragm
lifetime. The pumps operate absolutely oil free and do not have any sliding components in the gas path. In normal
operation they are completely free of abrasion. Besides contributing to the long service intervals the lack of abrasion
also eliminates most of the particulate impurities frequently generated inside of scroll or piston pumps. This makes
VACUUBRAND diaphragm pumps the right choice for clean applications.
- new internal connection technology for a very low leakage rate and reliable performance. Stable ultimate vacuum, even after a very long operating time
- no abrasion - therefore dust and contamination-free
- long diaphragm life due to highly flexible FKM double diaphragms, fabric-reinforced
- FKM valves with excellent durability and vacuum performance
- with innovative, patented drive system for quiet and vibration-free running
The VACUUBRAND diaphragm pump line includes pumps with a wide range of flow rate and ultimate vacuum. Singlestage
diaphragm pumps reach as much as 70 mbar (absolute) vacuum. By connecting pump heads in series of two,
three or four stages, we can create pumps with ultimate vacuum reaching 0.3 mbar on some models. Connecting the
heads in parallel produces higher flow rates. VACUUBRAND pumps combine these options to create pumps with the
capabilities you need for most applications.
Nomenclature for VACUUBRAND pumps is built from the following codes designating specific features or components:
M = diaphragm (membrane) pump
E, Z, D, V = number of pump stages from single (E) to four (V) stage design
NT = labels the new series of pumps comprising the New Technology
VARIO® = speed controlled pump with vacuum controller CVC 3000
Many vacuum applications in laboratories and industrial operations require electronic vacuum control. VACUUBRAND's
unique VARIO® control system offers the distinctive advantages and convenience of the CVC 3000 vacuum controller
- precise vacuum control by continuously adjusting the motor speed of the diaphragm pump from 0-100%
- when used as a backing pump for turbomolecular drag pumps (with backing pressure in the mbar range): Patented turbo mode with automatic speed adjustment for even better forevacuum
- this results in lower heating and better residual gas performance of the turbo pump
- unrivaled long diaphragm and valve lifetime by reducing the number of diaphragm strokes
- very quiet, extremely low-vibration operation and significantly reduced energy consumption
Vacuubrand Diaphragm Pumps with 24V DC drive particularly for integration into OEM products
VARIO-SP™; diaphragm pumps from VACUUBRAND combine our proven diaphragm and cylinder head technology with
state-of-the-art drive and control technology. This system component (SP = SystemPump) is frequently used in
equipment or systems where it is beneficial and necessary to regulate vacuum parameters. The electronically commutated
(brushless) 24 V direct current drive is service-free and features unparalleled compact dimensions. The high-quality
and flexible electronic drive system built into the pump makes it easy to integrate the vacuum pump into
your overall system. Varying the motor speed makes maximum efficiency possible, including the option of controlling
vacuum processes by changing the pump's volume flow rate. Motor speed control also enhances performance features
such as pumping speed, ultimate vacuum, diaphragm and valve live, vibration and sound levels and energy consumption.
The motor speed may be set internally (fixed speed) or controlled via an external digital or analog signal.
- possible variable speed 200-2400 min-1, allowing a quicker pumping down with high speed
- improved ultimate vacuum at low speed
- significantly longer diaphragm and valve service life
- extremely compact, flexible mounting positions feasible
- much quieter and less vibration
- less energy consumption, less heat dissipation
- speed can be set manually or controlled externally by various analog and digital signals
- supply with 24 V DC for worldwide use
Vacuubrand MD 1C VARIO®-SP™ Diaphragm Pump
The three-stage MD 1 VARIO-SP diaphragm pump with its variable speed drive system attains significantly higher
pumping speed and a better ultimate vacuum than the corresponding fixed speed pump. The brushless 24V DC motor
(maintenance-free) enables easy integration of the pump into other equipment and operation independent of line
voltage. The pump is particularly silent and vibration-free, and has an outstanding lifetime of its diaphragms and
valves. For exceptional chemical resistance of the pump's internal flowpath it is also available as a chemistry design
version (MD 1C VARIO-SP).
- contamination-free pumping and evacuation
- high flow rate even near ultimate vacuum
- variable speed: Fast pump down at high motor speed, maintain vacuum with reduced motor speed
- very powerful and extremely compact; whisper quiet and ultra-low vibration, especially at low speed
- MD 1C VARIO-SP in chemistry design, with gas ballast valve and outstanding chemical resistance and superior vapor tolerance
The MD 1 VARIO-SP is an excellent choice for continuous, contamination-free evacuation and pumping of non-aggressive
gases. The motor speed is either fixed or can be adjusted externally via electronic control signals for adaption to process
requirements. For chemistry applications all major parts of the chemistry design pump MD 1C VARIO-SP in contact with
pumped media are made of chemically resistant fluoroplastics. Both pump types are extremely compact and mountable in
any position and are therefore the ideal built-in or system pump. Customized versions of these pump types are available
|Number of heads / stages
||4 / 3
|Max. pumping speed (2400 min-1)
|Ultimate vacuum (abs.)
without gas ballast
with gas ballast
2 (1500 min-1) mbar
4 (1500 min-1) mbar
|Max. back pressure (abs.)
||Hose nozzle DN 8-10 mm
||Hose nozzle DN 8 mm
|Rated motor power
|Typ. current (<10 mbar, 1500 min-1)
|Motor speed range
||200 - 2400 min-1
|Dimensions (L x W x H), approx.
||235 x 143 x 175 mm
IVS is committed to your complete satisfaction. To ensure the greatest success and performance of your new vacuum equipment purchase, please call an IVS representative today at 855-466-6822 or simply fill out our contact form here: Contact IVS and a Sales Engineer will contact you within 24 hours.
Not exactly what you're looking for? Innovative Vacuum Solutions is a total solutions provider and can customize or configure your vacuum equipment. Call us toll free at 855-466-6822 and speak to a Sales Engineer to determine your specific needs.
Our precision vacuum pump rebuild process restores worn or damaged equipment back to the original manufacturers specifications
Click here to see the full IVS Business Practical Warranty
costs a fraction of purchasing new components. Each unit reconditioned by IVS is supported by the most
practical warranty in the business: one year from the documented date of installation, not shipment.
- IVS will safely package your product for shipment at no additional charge.
- Buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and charges.
- Please allow ten days for delivery from order date to allow for certification and shipping of your equipment.