Edwards Small Pumps and Pumping Systems
To meet the diverse needs of applications ranging from analytical
instrumentation, wet chemistry, R & D to light industrial, IVS
offers a comprehensive range of different Edwards pumping technologies.
Easy to Service
All Edwards pumps are designed for easy routine maintenance. Key
components are easily accessible and, with RV and XDS pumps, no
special tools are required. Service kits of guaranteed parts are
available for routine service by the user. Worldwide support from the
Edwards service organization is also available.
Edwards pumps are manufactured on state of the art machine tools
for high consistency of components. For example, RV rotors are
manufactured in a robotic cell to remove errors and inconsistencies
from the manufacturing process.
Edwards high performance pumps are used in many industrial and
laboratory applications, including the following:
- Electron microscopes, mass spectrometry, residual gas analyzers
and surface analysis
- Epoxy degassing, powder materials processing
- Solvent concentration
- Sterilization, distillation and centrifuges
- Gel dryers and glove boxes
- Atomic emission spectrometers, nuclear physics, fusion
technology and space research
- Vacuum ovens
- TV tube evacuation
- Automotive system filling
- Freeze drying
- Vacuum metallurgy
The XDS pumps are an innovative design which use a bearing shield to isolate the vacuum
environment from all forms of lubricant, not only making it totally dry, but hermetically
sealed. The shield also protects the bearing from any process vapors.
Adjustable gas ballast allows vapor to be handled and opens up the range of applications to
many that were previously unsuited to scroll pumps. The XDS pumps are designed for
pumping condensable vapors and use materials selected for a wide range of laboratory wet
Features & Benefits
- Patented bearing shield
- Totally clean and dry vacuum
- No bearings or grease in the vacuum space
- No shaft seals, no bearing purges
- Simple single sided scroll design
- Analytical instruments
- Scanning Electron Microscopes - SEM
- Beam lines and high energy physics
- Turbomolecular backing pumps
- Centrifuges, ultra-high speed
11.3 m3h-1/ 6.7 ft3min-1
13.4 m3h-1/ 7.9 ft3min-1
|Peak pumping speed1
9.3 m3h-1/ 5.5 ft3min-1
11.1 m3h-1/ 6.5 ft3min-1
|Ultimate vacuum (Total pressure)
7 x 10-2 mbar / 5.3 x 10-2 Torr
6 x 10-2 mbar / 4.5 x 10-2 Torr
|Water vapor tolerance
||35 mbar / 23 Torr
|Water vapor capacity – GB I
|Water vapor capacity – GB II
|Motor power 1-ph and 3-ph
|Nominal rotation speed
1500 / 1800 rpm
||24.5 kg / 54 lb
||55 dBA @ 50 Hz
||<1 x 10-6 mbar ls-1
|Operating temperature range
||10 to 40 °C / 50 to 104 °F
IVS is committed to your complete satisfaction. To ensure the greatest success and performance of your new vacuum equipment purchase, please call an IVS representative today at 855-466-6822 or simply fill out our contact form here: Contact IVS and a Sales Engineer will contact you within 24 hours.
Not exactly what you're looking for? Innovative Vacuum Solutions is a total solutions provider and can customize or configure your vacuum equipment. Call us toll free at 855-466-6822 and speak to a Sales Engineer to determine your specific needs.
Our precision vacuum pump rebuild process restores worn or damaged equipment back to the original manufacturers specifications
Click here to see the full IVS Business Practical Warranty
costs a fraction of purchasing new components. Each unit reconditioned by IVS is supported by the most
practical warranty in the business: one year from the documented date of installation, not shipment.
- IVS will safely package your product for shipment at no additional charge.
- Buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and charges.
- Please allow ten days for delivery from order date to allow for certification and shipping of your equipment.